The tags you see in today's post are legit supersize tags (almost 6" long) because I used store-bought envelopes to make them.
In doing so though, I saved a step plus some time (however if you wish, you can fully make the envelopes from scratch too using this tutorial).
I took the envelopes from the Recollections 3" x 3" card and envelope pack that I buy at Michaels stores. I always seem to have leftover envelopes (my 5-year-old is a bit of a card thief), and I found that they were perfectly fitting for today's project.
TOOLS & MATERIALS:
DIRECTIONS (FOR ONE TAG):
1. First make the liner to go inside the envelope. Choose a sheet of card stock and trace the flap of the envelope plus a little more from the sides (just to below the inside flap) onto the front.
2. Cut out the shape, then trim about another 1/8" around the whole piece. Use the crafter's tape to secure it to the inside of the envelope.
3. With the punch, make about seven hearts, mixing and matching colours and patterns.
4. Tape the hearts from top to bottom with the crafter's tape.
5. With the stickers, spell out a one-word phrase, such as "LOVE" or "HUGS".
6. Punch a small hole at the top right corner and string the baker's twine. Then, turn over the tag, and stamp a "to" and "from" with black ink (optional).
Total project time: about 20 minutes for three tags.
SHOP VALENTINE CARD STOCK: