You are probably seeing unicorns everywhere. They are the trend nowadays, that's for sure. On pillows, gift wrap, clothing, and even ornaments for the tree. This past September, I even hosted a unicorn themed party for my daughter's 5th birthday, and am currently in the process of "redecorating" her bedroom with some unicorn things.
So why not make something unicorn for the books! It's a great little gift idea for girls, especially with Christmas coming up.
TOOLS & MATERIALS:
DIRECTIONS (FOR ONE BOOKMARK):
1. Download this SVG file. Insert the glitter paper with the cutting mat into the CAMEO. Once the unicorn is cut out, punch a little hole in the rear of it.
2. Take a gift card, and wrap the floss eight times around it.
3. Cut another piece of floss and tie a double knot at the top. Cut the ends at the bottom and pull off the gift card.
4. String a few pieces through the hole you made and with few pieces from the back, tie a double knot.
5. Then finish the tassel by taking another piece of floss and wrapping it around several times and tying a double knot. Cut the ends evenly with the scissors.
Total project time: about 10 minutes per bookmark.