DIY OMBRE GEMSTONE NOTEBOOKS WITH MATCHING PAPER CLIPS
Stationery of ALL KINDS have been my passion for most of my life, especially darling little notebooks. But the ones you'll find in this blog are not from a store; rather, they're a DIY. Run to your nearest Michaels store because that's where I picked up the pretty gemstone-like rhinestones that already come in "ombre" for you! Then the rest is a piece of cake, including the cute little matching paper clips!
TOOLS & MATERIALS:
Card stock (larger than 6" x 9")
White printer paper or line paper
Bling stickers in Glitzy by Recollections (from Michaels)
DIRECTIONS (FOR ONE SET):
1. Cut card stock to 5 1/2" x 8". Fold it lengthwise in half and set it aside. Grab a small stack of white or line paper (about 6 sheets), and cut it to about one-eighth of an inch smaller than the first cut (about 5 3/8" x 7 7/8").
2. Select the medium stapler to bind the notebook. Insert the stack of paper into the folded cover and set them with the cover side up onto the staple board. After placing the magnet, make sure that no pages have shifted by turning it over and checking. You can adjust it if you have to. Then apply the first staple a couple of centimetres from the edge. Flip the notebook around and add another staple to make two.
3. Apply the gemstones starting from the bottom and beginning with the silver ones. Switch to the lighter colour, then darker colour and keep this pattern going until the cover is complete.
4. Turn on the hot glue gun. In the meantime, select a gemstone for the paper clip. Keep it on the plastic film and cut around it.
5. Remove the film and apply the gemstone to the top of the paper clip. Since it's sticky, it will hold. Turn it over and add a dab of hot glue, and adhere the film back.
6. If there's any film still showing, trim it off with scissors.
Total project time: about 30 minutes for two notebooks and four paper clips.