PAPER ACCORDION SEA SCALLOP (IN 5 MINUTES!)
Hosting a beach party? Maybe a mermaid party? Whatever it is, be sure to include this easy DIY!
With a few tools, these paper sea scallops can be made in just five minutes! But before you get started, I'll let you in on a hint. This project works best with a lightweight paper (something in the range of 70 - 80 lb/100 - 130 gsm). Card stock can make folding the paper (as you do in step 3) a little difficult.
Then once you've collected some fun and summery patterns, keep on reading on how to make them.
TOOLS & MATERIALS:
Scrapbook paper (at least 6" x 6")
DIRECTIONS (FOR ONE):
1. Cut a sheet of scrapbook paper to 6" x 5".
2. Score the paper vertically every 1/2".
3. Pleat like an accordion and fold it in the middle.
4. Add a little strip of hot glue to one side of the inner fold and bring them both together and attach.
5. In the same pattern, cut a small 1" x 1 1/2" rectangle and round two of the corners.
6. Attach the scallop to it as shown with the hot glue gun.
Total project time: about 20 minutes for all four sea scallops.