A BRIGHT & COLOURFUL PAPER "SUMMER" GARLAND
We are officially in summer friends, and I am getting into the spirit with this pretty and vibrant summer garland!
Being a paper lover, I always say that the right paper makes the project. This garland wouldn't be so fun and summery if the colours weren't so vivid and bright IMO. Once you've got that down, here's what else you'll need to complete this garland to decorate your home, back deck, office, etc.!
TOOLS & MATERIALS:
Bright card stock (such as Craft Smith's 12" x 12" Tropical paper pad from Michaels)
We R Memory Keepers banner punch board (optional)
3" glitter stickers (Sticko by EK Success from Target)
Flower punch (Recollections at Michaels)
Black glitter card stock
1. Select the card stock for the garland. I chose three different colours for mine, alternating them. Next, trim the paper down into six 7 1/2" x 4 3/4" rectangles. Punch the "flag" shape on the punch board as per the instructions. Add a sticker to each one to form the word "SUMMER".
2. Use the flower punch to make twelve shapes in different colours. Use the end of a pen to slightly curl the ends of the flowers.
3. In the meantime, download this SVG file and place a sheet of green card stock on the cutting mat. Cut the leaves for the flowers. You'll need six.
4. To complete a whole flower, overlap two flower shapes together and attach with the crafter's tape. Then add the flower's centre which you'll cut with the circle punch on the glitter card stock. Attach the leaves by the stem to the black with the clear tape. Repeat these steps until all six flowers are complete.
5. Arrange the garland and determine where to attach each flower. I attached one per flag. Then adhere them in place with the crafter's tape.
6. Once each flag is complete, string the baker's twine thru.
Total project time: about 45 minutes.