FREE PRINTABLE POM BIRTHDAY CARDS
May is a huge month for birthdays in my family (including mine!), which means I need to be prepared because as you know the days sometimes fly by, and before you know it, it's so and so's birthday.
Today's post combines one of my favourite things - pom poms - and a free printable or two for you to make these adorable 3D ice cream cone birthday cards. To make them, you will need to do a little more work besides printing the printable of your choice (one has "happy birthday" spelled out in purple text, and the other in blue text). And I'll show you what that is.
If there's a white border around the card, trim that off using a paper trimmer. You will need it again later.
Then, gather these items:
TOOLS & MATERIALS:
Corner rounder punch (optional)
Yarn in four colours
1. Fold the card in half. It should measure about 8" x 5 1/2".
2. Use the paper trimmer to cut a small piece of Kraft paper to 4" x 2 1/4". Mark the middle on the short end, and cut from the opposite corners to the middle to create a triangle shape. Round off the bottom corner with scissors or a corner punch.
3. Use the scoring board to create the lines to make your cone look like a waffle cone. Rotate the paper so that an edge lines up with the indentation, and score every 1/4 inch.
4. Turn it over, apply regular (scrapbooking) double-sided tape, and adhere it to the centre of the card.
5. Make four pom poms in the colours of your choice. Use a heavy-duty mounting tape to secure them to the card.
6. Squish the poms as close together as possible.
I hope you enjoyed this project. If you happened to miss my pom pom ice cream cones, visit this post HERE.
Have a lovely day, friends :)