ACCORDION MOTHER'S DAY CARD & BUTTON ENVELOPE
Give mom something different this year: an accordion card that you can make with a matching button envelope!
I used this Heidi Swapp paper pad to create the cards and envelopes in colourful, geometric patterns, but you can use any scrapbook paper you wish as long as it's heavy. I also used adhesive letters to spell out phrases, and a few clear rhinestones to finish the cards off. You can find all sorts of letters HERE. I purchased the rhinestones from a dollar store.
The back of the cards are blank, where you can write your own personal messages. Keep on reading to learn how to make them.
First, prepare your materials. Use a paper trimmer to cut a sheet of scrapbook paper into two sizes: 12" x 2 1/2" for the card, and 6 1/2" x 5" for the envelope. Use the butterfly punch to make four butterflies in contrasting paper, and the heart punch to make two shapes in the same paper used for the envelope.
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
MAKE THE CARD:
1. Take the long paper you cut earlier and score it every 2". Then fold it like an accordion.
2. Use the letters to spell out a message. In this case: I Love You MOM.
3. Adhere the butterflies on the sections with no letters with the glue tape, overlapping them on the front of the card.
4. Finish by adding a couple of rhinestones on the top butterfly with the white glue.
MAKE THE ENVELOPE:
1. Score the other paper width-wise at 1 3/4" and 4 1/2". Turn it 90 degrees and score it at 1" and 4 1/2".
2. Cut at the folds as shown, and cut the tops off the two side flaps. Then, cut two diagonals opposite each other on the top flap.
3. Use the glue runner to secure the bottom flap up.
4. Fold over one side flap and glue that bottom flap up.
5. Fold over the other side and glue the last bottom flap, and add glue to the edge of the side flap as well.
6. Punch one hole in the centre of the top flap, and one in the centre of the envelope.
7. Poke the brads through the centre of the two hearts you punched out earlier.
8. Insert the new "buttons" into the holes and close them. Wrap string around the bottom button first.
What do you think? I think mom will be pleasantly surprised!
I hope you enjoyed today's project. Happy crafting, friends!