HOW TO MAKE A STRAWBERRY GARLAND CARD
This time of the year is my favourite for fresh locally grown fruits, one of the best kind being juicy red strawberries. Yum!
Today, I'm going to show you how to make this strawberry garland card that will make an equally sweet handmade gift! I simply adore how it turned out. I hope you like it too!
TOOLS & MATERIALS:
Kraft card and envelope
Card stock scraps: red, pink, blue, and two shades of green
5/8 inch heart punch (Recollections)
Petite star flower punch (Recollections)
White Crayola pencil crayon
Double sided tape
I often buy the Recollections brand of punches (sold at Michaels). But any heart and star flower punch of similar size will do for this project.
You may also choose to make your own card and envelope. I used a pre-scored card (4 x 5 1/2 inches), which I bought in a bulk pack with envelopes from Michaels.
1. Punch out several hearts in red and pink card stock. They will become the shape of the strawberries. Use the star flower punch to make the "leafy tops" in both greens.
2. Apply small amounts of glue to adhere the leaves to the strawberries.
3. Draw small lines on the strawberries for the "seeds" with the pencil crayon.
4. Cut two lengths of string (longer than the width of the card), and tape strawberries to them, alternating red and pink. For a card this size, you will fit 5 strawberries on each line.
5. Set in place where you want the first string to go on a pre-cut sheet of blue card stock (about 3 3/4 x 5 1/4 inches).
6. Turn it over and apply clear tape to hold it in place. Repeat last two steps for string #2.
7. To adhere card stock to the front of the card, apply double sided tape to all four corners.
8. Then attach it to the centre of the card.
Tell me you don't find this card adorable! Estimated work time: about 20 minutes.
Thank you friends for taking a look today. I hope you have an amazing day :)