DIY SMALL GIFT HOLDER / GIFT CARD ENVELOPE
Hello friends. I hope your Friday is going well for you so far.
I'm pushing through a cold to get some things done this week. Remember when I made my daughter the blue button earrings that I'm giving her for Valentine's Day? Well, I didn't have anything to package them with. I've solved that problem with this easy craft I have for you today. This is not only a great solution for small gifts like jewellery, but the gift holder I'm about to show you doubles as an envelope perfect for a gift card!
TOOLS & MATERIALS:
8 1/2 x 11 inch card stock
1. Trim paper to 4 x 9 inches.
2. Fold the paper vertically but leave about 1 1/4 inch at the top for the flap.
3. Apply a small cut on both sides where the folded top meets the back.
4. Fold in two flaps.
5. Cut where the fold is in the flaps.
6. Fold over again and cut bottom corners in a 45 degree angle.
7. Apply tape to the two bottom flaps, and turn inwards and press.
8. Apply tape along the entire length of the other two flaps, fold over and press.
9. Shape the top flap with two short angled cuts.
You can see how small the gift holder is when you position it next to the earrings.
Therefore, I only needed a little bit of tissue paper to wrap the earrings in.
I made a double-tag for the gift using my Martha Stewart heart punch and the same card stock paper. Then I just taped it to the front with silver washi tape.
This fun craft should solve all your small gift / gift card holder problems! Each envelope takes only about 5 minutes to make.
Thanks for taking a look today friends. Have yourself an amazing day!